Young upcoming rapper Born in Witbank/Mpumalanga. I present to you JAY aka Young Mofasa. When I first heard his single titled "Best Believe" I was touched by his unique sweet voice. The storyline is what everyone can relate to and thats the reason why it's getting so much love. I caught up with him to talk about his musical journey.

What inspired you to start rapping?
My love for music and my brothers Emillio and Docter.

How did you link up with Pijoline since he is here in Joburg and you there in Mpumalanga?
I met him through Twitter, he approached me and said he likes what I do and he sent through some beats and sh** just packed from then.

How was it working with him?
It was dope! He's actually the first beat maker that approached me, so yeah the experience was great!

So it's safe to say that meeting him was your first big break through into the music industry?
Not exactly, Radio Station Mpower approached me and asked for an interview, that was really my big break through.

So you've got a list of achievements up your sleeve huh? How is the hip hop scene in Witbank?
It's ayt I guess, many artists are doing their thing ou'chea, so I'd say we working on being on top.

Describe your sound?
Blissful.

Distinguish yourself from other Witbank upcoming artists?
Unlike others, I tell a story behind my tracks even if it means going hard! I believe lyrics gotta have meaning.

What are you currently busy with at the moment?
Im currently working on a mixtape I want to drop in December or early January.

Cant wait to hear more music from you...So the ladies want to know how old you are
[laughs] I'm a 90's kid.

And lastly...where can your fans contact you?
@Jay_Ma10chie on Twitter.

All in all that was a great interview...Jay is a very tough cookie to crack...Mama taught you well son. Lookout for the next interview/review next week.–Zayne